Share the knowledge
Well, as suspected . . . Many couples got engaged over the holiday season, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. However, Valentine's Day is fast approaching as well, when approximately six million couples will get engaged on February 14th, according to the American Express Spending Tracker Survey. So here is a list of wedding dates to avoid in 2018 based on my travel experience.
1. Super Bowl weekend - Sunday, February 4, 2018 - Most Venues will already be booked for hosting events.
2. Valentine's Day - Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - Again, most venues will already be booked for weddings.
3. Spring Break - The months of March and April - Very busy months for travel with hotels and flights at almost 100% occupancy at this time. I never recommend Spring Break for Your Big Day. The rates are much more expensive and the crowds are much bigger in the tourist areas.
4. Good Friday / Passover / Easter Sunday - Friday, March 30, Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1, 2018 - Flights and hotels are at high occupancy and rates are expensive.
5. Final Four / March Madness - Saturday, March 31, 2018 through Monday, April 2, 2018 - Many venues booked early for parties.
6. Friday, April 13, 2018 - For those superstitious couples.
7. NBA Playoffs / NBA Finals - NBA Playoffs begin Saturday, April 14, 2018 and the NBA Finals begin Thursday, May 31, 2018 and end Sunday, June 17, 2018 if a Game 7 is necessary.
8. Mother's Day Weekend - Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13, 2018 - Don't miss Mom's special day.
9. Father's Day Weekend - Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17, 2018 - Don't miss out on Dad's special day either.
10. Friday, July 13, 2018 - Another day for those superstitious couples.
11. 9/11 - Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - Many people still today are uncomfortable with traveling on that day, especially since it happened on Tuesday, September 11, 2001.
12. MLBaseball World Series - Begins Tuesday, October 23, 2018 and ends on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 if a Game 7 is required.
13. New Year's Eve - Monday, December 31, 2018 - Book now, if you truly want to exchange your vows that day or contact Destined 2 Wed for an elopement ceremony at various locations around Nashville.
Check back next Friday, when I will post the Best Wedding Dates in 2018.
no matter where you go ... there will never be a place as special as where you spend your honeymoon ...
Things I love ...
It's never too early to start planning your honeymoon.
Destined 2 Wed Nashville, tn (615) 428-4802 Brides@destined2wed.com
Destined 2 Wed and Your Travel Specialist are not responsible for any errors or omissions herein.
Photography rights Destined 2 Wed unless otherwise noted.